Here are the answers to a few Frequently Asked Questions:
Do you have curbside service?
Yes, all our locations have curbside service. You will find a curbside number on the outside of each store to call when you arrive and our staff will bring out your order!
Do you offer in-store seating?
Yes, we have in store dining/seating; however, we have restricted our capacity to maintain COVID-19 protocols.
All our locations have the same hours--we open at 6 am and close at 6 pm from Tuesday to Saturday. We are closed on Sundays and Mondays.
We are closed annually for vacation the week between Christmas and New Year's Day; as well as the week of the 4th of July for our summer vacation.
Yes, we offer several ways to do that!
- If you are picking up your product in our stores, you may order our regular bakery products on our website.
- For same day delivery of our products, we participate with Door Dash ! This is an independent service that will pickup and delivery your order for a small upcharge.
- If you need a future delivery, you may call or come in to one of the stores and we will arrange it.
Orders for custom cakes also have to be ordered in store or over the phone so that we can personally discuss the details with you.
You will be emailed a confirmation of your order, and you credit card charged at time of order. If you want to change your order after it has been placed, you may call any of the stores to do so.
We do have cakes which we keep on hand at all times for last minute parties (with varied decorations), but it is best to call ahead several days for more choices.
Due to Federal Copyright Laws we cannot freehand draw any characters, but we do purchase figures and images of many of the most popular characters which we can place on your cake. Our staff in the stores can help you with availability of any specific character. We can also help you request a copyright release from many sources; however, the responsibility for that request (contacting, purchasing, and delivering it to us) remains yours as the end-customer of the product.
We do have our own staff that make deliveries for orders in the Tulsa area with advanced notice. These have a 60 min delivery time window. If you wish to have some product delivered, please call the nearest location and we will be happy to go over the details with you. We also participate with DoorDash for same day deliveries. This is an independent service that will pickup and delivery your order for a small upcharge.
We do not generally ship our products as they are very fragile with the exception of a few items at holidays.
We keep many cakes pre-made for emergencies, as well as our dessert cakes. Custom cakes do need to be ordered in advance generally speaking, but you can always call and ask.
Of course! You can place an order at any store, pay for it at another, and even pick it up at another. We want to be as convenient as possible for you.
We probably can create a large round or sheet cake for you on that short of notice. But, because of their complexity, there is a ten day minimum on placing an order for any wedding cake.
Because of recent shortages in bakery vendors in the state of Oklahoma, we can no longer sell any of our supplies. There are several cake supply businesses in the Tulsa area that cater to the hobbyist.
As a small family owned business with limited resources, we cannot give large donations. We do occasionally give what we can to worthwhile charities in the Tulsa area as our economics allow. If you wish to request a donation, you should send a written request describing your organization, need, and timeline to our business office at 7712 E. 11th Street Tulsa, OK 74112. Please allow a one month lead time.
Yes, in some circumstances we can run a house account. You can pickup an application in any of our stores. Please fill out completely, and submit original to our business office by mail at 7712 E. 11th Street Tulsa, OK 74112. Your application will be reviewed for approval; and if approved, you will be notified of the account's activation to begin ordering on that account.
As our product is perishable, and still made by human beings trying their best to achieve excellence every day, our refund policy is as follows:
- If you do not pick up your order, we do not give a refund, regardless of circumstance. We will be happy to remake the product for you if you need it again; however, you will have to pay for both. We cannot resell any product that is abandoned by the customer.
- If we have been deficient in our production of your product we would appreciate if you can let us know, and bring back in the remaining product. This allows us to correct our team, and get it perfect next time. Obviously, in this case we will provide you a proportionate refund for the remaining product. We retain the right to judge our product quality for ourselves.
- If you try one of our products and just don't care for it, then we hope you try something different next time; however, a refund will not be given.
- If you cancel your order prior to 24 hours notice (48 hours on web orders), then we will issue you a partial or up to a full refund depending on the involvement already done on your order. Inside of 24 hours we will not be able to give a refund.
- Refunds on tiered cakes, i.e. Wedding Cakes, are handled differently and can be reviewed in our Bridal Contract which can be downloaded here.
- No refund will be given ever for an amount in excess of the original purchase price regardless of circumstance.
- Merritt's Bakery reserves the right to modify it's exchange/return policy at any time.